Monday, November 10, 2014

Happy Monday,
Mondays are going to be called, Make It Happen Mondays. Sundays are a great day for me to make a cup of tea & look at my planner, set appointments & tasks that need to be done for the week. I feel more organized having a plan for the week even if it is a vague outline. It can be changed as needed, but at least I have a plan. I keep a less structured plan for the week to accommodate t...hings that will pop up concerning my Mom.

Make It Happen Mondays is my way of staying on track and having a 2 do list, a plan for the week and a list of appointments that need to be made.

My favorite way of organizing is to color code, Love it! Mom has a color, I have a color, household has a color, etc. It takes a little bit of time to get used to it if you haven't done it before but once you do it's easy peasy. You can see at a glance the colors and it clicks right away what's going on for who & what.

What does this have to do with crafting? I heard a fellow demonstrator give great tips & advice on how to craft in an efficient & time saving way. Yes, creativity is a process however I also find it helpful to my creative mind if I am organized before I begin my project. Her advice was, think of crafting your project as you do a recipe.
1. Pick your project as you would your recipe
Most of the time we use/spend on crafting is trying to figure out what were going to make or crafting by the seat of our pants & then continually having to get this item & that item. If we organize our craft samples & patterns of what we want to make in a notebook then we can look at them & pick ahead of time what we want to do. Just like we would pick a recipe.
I have been doing this and it works great! A time saver & a stress saver.
2. Gather your supplies ahead of time & place on your table in front of you, just as you would gather your recipe ingredients.
3. Make your project.
4. If making a mass quantity of items for holidays or craft shows use the assembly line method of crafting. Again, it saves time.

I am working on a project now so I can show you how I organize my craft items from Stampin Up so you can see how you will never have to clean up your crafting space again.

Have a great Monday! what is the task that you want to make happen today?

Mine is: Making & baking homemade bread, mulching the fall leaves in the yard, housework, laundry, grocery shopping & enjoying a beautiful & sunny day with my Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment